Pannen op het Dak is Breda’s first and real roof-top festival and it will take place between 22nd of June – 1st of July. Come enjoy the various culinary options, cultural programs and of course a summary view of the entire Breda city. The festival is free and is for both the young and the older.
- Concordia-garage (dek 8), Concordiastraat 13
Breda, Noord Brabant
Matthew Toffolo: What is your Film Festival succeeding at doing for filmmakers?
Daniel Wesseik: Pannen op het Dak is a festival for culture and culinary and attract various audiences. Thus, the filmmakers’ work is shared with audience that don’t often get exposed to independent animation filmmaking. I think that this is special.
2) What would you expect to experience if you attend the festival this year (2018)?
Pannen op het Dak is a rooftop festival, and visitors can expect an ideal experience of good food, beer and animation. Can it get better that that?
The audience will be able to enjoy our two screening programs –
1. Afternoon program with films created by young talents from Belgium and NL, that gives a beautiful overview of the films that were created here lately.
2. An evening main program with films that are made by professionals and that are currently on their festival route, swiping awards.
3) What are the qualifications for the selected films?
For the young talent – Must be Belgian or Dutch.
For the professional films – Outstanding artistic voice.
4) Do you think that some films really don’t get a fair shake from film festivals? And if so, why?
Asian and arabic films. They are so different from European standards, but there is obviously a simmering creative community in many of these countries.
5) What motivates you and your team to do this festival?
Love for animation and a will to expose more audience to the medium.
6) How has your FilmFreeway submission process been?
Easy and convenient.
7) Where do you see the festival by 2023?
By 2023 I hope to have 6 years of successful programs, at some point with a competition as well.
8) What film have you seen the most times in your life?
Animated feature film – Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Animated short film – Choir Tour
9) In one sentence, what makes a great film?
Three P’s: Practice, Planning and passion.
10) How is the film scene in your city?
The city hosts the great Playgrounds Festival that focuses on various disciplines, but Pannen op het Dak is the only festival that aims to focus on animation exclusively.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.