BASH – Bay Area Shorts Film Festival takes place at the ROXIE Historical Theater in San Francisco, CA- Each year, the Annual BASH Film Festival will continue its tradition of showcasing a diverse sampling of BAY AREA made shorts and mini features, award-winning directors along with amateurs breaking in the industry and blowing everyone away..
Matthew Toffolo: What is your Film Festival succeeding at doing for filmmakers?
Elena Altman: Providing an Excellent Platform for Bay Area Filmmakers to Showcase their Work.
2) What would you expect to experience if you attend the festival this year (2018)?
Expect to see the Top Selected Bay Area Made Short Films Showcasing and Vote for Your Favorite Bay Area Film of 2018!
3) What are the qualifications for the selected films?
They must be Bay Area Made to Qualify
4) Do you think that some films really don’t get a fair shake from film festivals? And if so, why?
I think that there are so many movies being submitted these days, that it is hard to get chosen.
5) What motivates you and your team to do this festival?
We want to continue to provide Bay Area filmmakers with a place to showcase their work.
6) How has your FilmFreeway submission process been?
7) Where do you see the festival by 2020?
We hope to run in more often and in more theaters around the Bay.
8) What film have you seen the most times in your life?
I would have to say Beetlejuice – lol
9) In one sentence, what makes a great film?
Good story, great acting, and amazing camera work!
10) How is the film scene in your city?
Very much alive and thriving! /