The EQUUS Film Festival is the world’s premier showcase for domestic and international Equestrian Content feature films, documentaries, shorts, music videos, commercials, training and educational materials, art and literature.
Matthew Toffolo: What is your Film Festival succeeding at doing for filmmakers?
Lisa Dierse: The EQUUS Film Festival is the only Equestrian themed film festival that includes equestrian art, literature and music. We also have an On Demand platform for our content that gives filmmakers access to audiences after the festival. We are a touring film festival, after our main fest in December where our WINNIE awards are distributed we spend the following year
2) What would you expect to experience if you attend your upcoming festival?
A wonderful introduction into the world of equestrian films and documentaries.
3) What are the qualifications for the selected films?
Must be horse content.
4) Do you think that some films really don’t get a fair shake from film festivals? And if so, why?
For sure, horse themed film and documentaries get looked over all of the time! That’s why the EQUUS Film Festival was created, to give these filmmakers the respect they deserve.
5) What motivates you and your team to do this festival?
Love of horses and being able to show the world their beauty through film.
6) How has your FilmFreeway submission process been?
Wonderful, it has made my job as festival director a whole lot less stressful!
7) Where do you see the festival by 2023?
We will be expanding our Global reach through more international Tour Stops
8) What film have you seen the most times in your life?
The Black Stallion
9) In one sentence, what makes a great film?
A film that has the ability to bring tears to your eyes one minute and make you laugh out loud the next.
10) How is the film scene in your city?
Great, it’s Chicago!