Festival designed to create a powerful cultural – educational platform that aims to unite Ukrainian and foreign film makers and introduce viewers works with professionals and amateurs.
1. What is your Film Festival succeeding at doing for filmmakers?
Kaniv Film Festival succeeds for filmmaker at monetary awards and advertising especially for the Ukrainian State Film Agency and different film production studios.
2. What would you expect to experience if you attend your upcoming festival?
If you attend Kaniv Film Festival you will get:
– a lot of communication with actors, producers, cameramen and other persons, who involved to movie industry;
– different master-classes connecting the filmmaking processes:
– impressed by the beautiful landscapes and friendly treatment;
– a new friends.
3. What are the qualifications for the selected films?
The films of any genre direction and timekeeping are admitted for participation (Short 25 min., a full meter to 90 minutes.), the production not before 2 years of the festival conducting (not before 2016). For films in a foreign language, the subtitles in Ukrainian and English are the requirement.
4. Do you think that some films really don’t get a fair shake from film festivals? And if so, why?
Speaking about our festival, we hope that our jury finds quality films.
5. What motivates you and your team to do this festival?
Firstly we want to give a chance for filmmakers to get their names and their films known in movie industry. And we also want to do the powerful platform for communication between filmmakers.
6. How has your FilmFreeway submission process been?
Everything was ok. Thanks to FilmFreeway we got a lot of international participants.
7. Where do you see the festival by 2023?
We have a lot of plans. We are improving all the time and we are trying our best for the people who works in cinematography world. We want to see a lot of both Ukrainian and international participants present in our festivals. We also want to attract experts who will share their experience. And we also want to give our participants large monetary awards and world recognition. It’s not by chance our mission is- “If you want to get Cannes- let’s start from Kaniv”.
8. What film have you seen the most times in your life?
We can’t choose just one. Many films left a great impession.
9. In one sentence, what makes a great film?
To our mind the combination of idea, extraordinary and aftertaste makes a great film.
10. How is the film scene in your city?
In our city we have Movie Theater and outdoor screening.