The iPhone Film Festival was started by a filmmaker for other filmmakers. There are thousands of talented artist that don’t have the resources that major film companies have to create a film. The website was designed to give artist an avenue to show off their gifts to the world by simply using their talents, creativity, and their iPhone.
Interview with Ruben Kazantsev:
1) What is your Film Festival succeeding at doing for filmmakers?
A: Providing a outlet to showcase their work to the world
2) What would you expect to experience if you attend the festival this year (2016)?
A: Amazing films created by talented film makers from across the globe.
3) What are the qualifications for the selected films?
A: Shot on an iPhone
4) Do you think that some films really don’t get a fair shake from film festivals? And if so, why?
A: For the most part I believe in the process of all festivals and hope they are doing their job to give a fair chance to all films submitted. I know we do
5) What motivates you and your team to do this festival?
A: Knowing that films are created because of us.
6) How has the festival changed since its inception?
A: Quality of the film get better year after year
7) Where do you see the festival by 2020?
A: We will be as big as the Oscars
8) What film have you seen the most times in your life?
A: iPhone film would have to be Departure https://vimeo.com/127691315 because I created the project 🙂
9) In one sentence, what makes a great film?
A: Creativity, team work and the drive to complete it
10) How is the film scene in your city?
A: My city started the film scene, so it is fun to be here