South Social Film Festival is a trans-geographical, multicultural and multidimensional festival celebrating independent cinema, dance, world music, art and regional cuisine, launched in 2015 in London.
Matthew Toffolo: What is your Film Festival succeeding at doing for filmmakers?
Paola Melli: Creating a platform where they can express and promote themselves.
2) What would you expect to experience if you attend your upcoming festival?
Networking with professionals, a good selection of up and coming filmmakers , discovering talents and culture.
3) What are the qualifications for the selected films?
New and original content, young filmmakers that need to be boosted.
4) Do you think that some films really don’t get a fair shake from film festivals? And if so, why?
Short films unless they go to a short film festival, don’t get enough exposure. A balanced mix of feature films and shorts could be a winning strategy.
5) What motivates you and your team to do this festival?
Passion about diversity, different cultures, innovative kind of filmmaking, discovery of new talents.
6) How has your FilmFreeway submission process been?
It’s been good and helpful, it really put us on the international map.
7) Where do you see the festival by 2023?
Maybe a franchising in different countries.
8) What film have you seen the most times in your life?
Wings of desire by Wim Wenders
9) In one sentence, what makes a great film?
Being symbolic, mesmerising, unique and representing a life changing experience.
10) How is the film scene in your city?
Thriving, lots of diversity and talent that sadly is not widely seen.